Monday, June 4, 2007

Dear Chin,

Can you find out how we can send our condolence to Australia. Will Wai Ki be able to help ? please let us know.
In fact I had been talking to Fung Yee a few times lately concerning her career. We all miss her.

Dominic
******************

Dear Medic 79, do you have any photo of Fung Yee to upload ? Please upload for her memory. I will try to find the one about 2 years ago.

Can someone teach me how to do it on the site? I am not very web literate. There must be more Medic 79 then the above list. Can someone help to contact the others out of touch.

Susan

***************
Dear Medic 79,

It has been long many year since 1979. The days of memory is still vivid: in the medic canteen, halls, the Sasson Road, library, and under the tree outside the library. Then the time changed to clerkship, busy houseman, graduation, practice and now a successful doctor. Life is just a long journey that sometimes we are on a good point of interest, sometimes low low. As we are so busy (or we keep ourselves so), we may be lost in time. My days are packed with things : kids, parents, work, house, mortgage, car, daily chores etc.

My mother had a serious illness and had 7 long years of therapy. I am blessed with friends, church, and family that are supportive. She rested in peace and died last year. I was there with her all the time. I knew the pain and anxiety for my mother. I am heart broken to even think of what kind of suffering that Fung Yee had. I regret that I cannot be of much help. It is sad to lose a good friend, so young, so good and so beautiful.

Dear friends, may be this is a time that we should stop and think. What can we do now towards those that we care and as they are still with us on earth. I echoed the words of Yuk Chun.

Susan

***************
Hi all

14 emails ! -- and to know I will not see 鳳儀 again. My heart is heavy tonight.

There was the assumption all of us will meet again, one time or another, and now it is not going to be. I last saw 鳳儀 with Pun Wai Kee in 2001 in Brisbane, while attending a conference there. I saw a quietly confident and experienced woman. She was very attached to her daughter.

I have spent a few hours digging up and digitising old photos I have of her - KC - could you post them to the blog?I will send a few at a time to not overload your email quota.Regards to everyone from Australia.I will be back for a visit on 1 September.

Dennis Shum

Hi all

Fung Yee was on Australian TV a few years back - she has a snippet in a Telstra (national telephone company) ad which was run every night on the TV - highlighting what the telephone can do to medicine ...

Dennis Shum

***********

Dear KC Lam,

Thanks for the news. It is really sad to hear this news. She will always be in my heart. I just had exchanged email with her last Christmas.

Thanks again.

Rosanna

**********

Dear KC Lam,

Is there an address that I can send a card to her family members?

Rosanna

*******************

Dear Fung Yee,

the news about you is not true. Probably someone is just joking with you. Please reply to us asap so as to make everybody relieved.

Although we haven't met for ? 2-3 years, we still have a plan to go to a trip in China. You said you need to bring your daughter to China for her to have a look what China look like. You said you are very busy with your work and you are worried about your family condition. We don't know what we can do about it but deep in our mind, we are worried about you. I hope you don't blame us for not calling you or writing to you most of the time, leaving you alone to face all the problems.

I understand that we all present as strong and wise, beautiful and diligent, able to taking care of all others, but deep in our mind, we have so many problems and uncertainties, not able to talk to others, not to say to solve it ourselves. Perhaps we just rely on ourselves too much, perhaps we can just leave some responsibilities to others, and stop for a while (I mean not forever please), to think of ourselves a bit when we think of others, to say to God who can always understand us even we cannot find the right word to say it out.

Dear Fung Yee, we form a hiking group with May in the past few years and we walk and talk. I call it talking meditation, as we've been trained not to talk our heart, our feeling during all the years as doctors. When I was sick few years ago, I found it most difficult to speak out my feeling. Now I have no reserve if you ask me what I feel, not just what I think intellectually. I think that's what you need most.

Dear Fung Yee, I understand you have a few good friends in Australia, but Australia is a big country, it is not easy to meet friends so easily as in HK, but now we have the e-mail, please make no excuse of having no time even to write a few words. Although it may be difficult to start, just like what I am doing now, I know it is healthy to us.

Dear Fung Yee, Remember the time when we were in the hall, we studied and lived together, Ellen, May, Ka Foon and you are more dear to me than my sisters. Although we didn't see each other much when you worked in QMH afterwards. Remember the good time when we were in Oxford. The exchange rate is only 8.8 to 1 pound. We went shopping every weekend, we went ot cinermas. Probably that's one of the best time in your life.

After back in HK, my memory about that period was fading. I only remember that I worked and worked, not able to meet friends or even go shopping. You moved to Australia and we met even less. You've been back several times, although we met, but we hadn't much time to talk.

Remember last time when we stayed in May's home, we played badminton, we talked about our kids, your daughter, May's son and my son are all about the same age. They all play music and badminton. We felt so happy, but at the same time, worred about our kids. We worried about you most, as we knew your problems and we understood you are not someone who always grumble.

1 years ago, Ka Foon, Tiu, you and I planned a trip to China. Unfortunately we had to cancel it last minute as most of us are bound by all these works and we were not assertive enough to continue our plan. That was about 1 year ago that I heard from you.

I recieved your Christmas card always, I still remembered you sent me your Christmas greeting last Dec and I wrote to you saying we had a good time when Lee Yuk Kuen was back from US. You said you might be back this Feb, however I have lost contact with you afterwards. Are you sick all these time. What has happened to you.

Remember we are always with you, and hope able to share your problems. We pray God to take care of Fung Yee because she is your wonderful daughter, our good friend, a good doctor, a good mother and a good wife. Always remembering and loving you,

YC Chu

***********

Fung Yee is still fresh in my mind when I invited her few years ago as a keynote speaker for my medical informatics conference for an excellent presentation in telediagnosis. With such an eminent scholar and world expert leaving us is a sad loss to this world.

I will remember you forever, Fung Yee. May you rest in peace.

Por

=======

My Thanks Chin for bringing back Medic 79 together through Fung Yee.

Virginia

No comments: