Sunday, June 3, 2007

Our email to our Dear Fung Yee in Heaven: Though we haven't met since our graduation days, I can still visualize yoursweet smiling face, and your support to us girls as our class representative. With your kind heartedness, the angels will bring you to heaven. We will all meet one fine day in heaven. We will pray for you......Death is not an end BUT just the Beginning.... Virginia & Regent

***************************

Quoting Pan Family <panfamly@netvigator.com>: 與鳳儀多年未見,當收到噩耗時,心中泛起的,仍是沙宣道上那清純的長髮少女。
鳳儀,願您在生命的彼岸能放下重擔,得到安息。

=========


Dear fellow Medic 79 classmates,
Sorry and shocked to learn about Fung Yee's untimely pass away. I am sure she will always be remembered by all of us.
I am wondering whether we can set up a memorial website or photo album for her, if anyone of you have any old photos of Fung Yee, especially those taken in the good old days of undergrad period, can you send them on line, and can our computer experts, like Wong Chun Bor, Tang Kuen Yan etc, help to set up the website?
William Ko

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am not of Medic 79, but I think you won't mind if I borrow a little bit of this blog-space.

I am from Medic 82. It had been one of my greatest blessings that I ran into Fung Yee on the first day of my internship. Fung Yee was the one who taught me how to set up a drip, how to take an astrup, how to do a PV, how to screw in a fetal scalp monitoring needle, how to cut an episiotomy, how to use a vacuum... Instead of making me feel even more stupid than I was already feeling with a grunt or an impatient look, Fung Yee came immediately when I had to call my MO for failure to set up a drip, set up the drip and reassured me that I would one day be able to do it well. She taught me all the things that a houseman could learn, yes, and she also saw to it that I had my three meals while on call, and asked me to go to bed on busy call nights when she saw I was dozing off: "I shall keep watch on our patients." I said it was "improper"for a HO to go to bed while the MO stayed up through the night, and I knew she was just as tired, but Fung Yee said it was okay: "I know how to do anything you need to do, but you can't do all the things that I have to do anyway."

Only after many many years did I look back and realize that there was hardly ever another MO, including myself, who had treated his/her HO with such kindness and generosity of heart in the midst of demanding timelines and work pressure. By nature an introvert, I have not been active in keeping in touch with Fung Yee, nor have I ever expressed my thanks in words, but I have always held her close to my heart, and Fung Yee seemed to understand it without saying, and had always kept me on her mailing list.

In 2005, all of a sudden I wanted to express my gratitude. I attempted to organize a trip to Xinjiang with Fung Yee and some of her friends. I don't know why I came upon this idea. It just seemed to me that traveling together is a good way of sharing a few moments of our lives. The arrangement was made over the course of one year, unfortunately various other things took their priority in our lives and it didn't work out afterall. I had thought that it didn't matter, we can always do it another time. Fung Yee had promised to come. I shall always be waiting for her to tell me when.

祥仔